Four Ways to Wear an Oversized Shirt

Whether I'm going on a (not so) classy night out in the town or simply heading to the shops to get a cheeky pack of Digestives, I know I can always rely on my trusty oversized shirts to make me look good. Comfy, stylish and most importantly; versatile, oversized shirts have been a staple of every fashionista's wardrobe for years because they're perfect for any and every occasion. Today's post is all about four of my favourite ways to wear oversized shirts, featuring some of my best thrifty finds - Hope you enjoy!


1. Dress
Being the child sized gal that I am, this tends to be my go to look when it comes to oversized shirts because most of them usually fall around mid thigh on me, being the perfect length to wear as dress. This particular velvet beauty is a personal favourite of mine. I bought it for £15 on my 20th birthday from the Rokit Vintage store in Camden and I've worn it constantly since! Whilst I like to style this shirt a lot of different ways, my preferred look is as a dress because when paired with over the knee socks and my Forever 21 boots, the fabric and print really stand out. Cue some angsty/awkward photos of me...



2. On Top
Wearing an oversized shirt on top of an outfit is a classic look and one that I frequent often, because not only does it make my outfits look a little snazzier but it's also a stylish way to keep warm. What's not to love? Another Rokit Vintage find, this shirt only cost me £4 and with its colourful fruity embroidery, it's not only a lot cheaper than the standard denim shirt, it's also a lot more unique! Whilst I would normally wear shirts as a cover-up for a casual look e.g. shorts and a crop top, with this particular shirt I wanted to go for something a little more chic rather than shabby, so I paired it with a black cami dress (from H&M's basic collection) and my favourite heeled Primark sandals to make the needle work stand out.




3. Crop Top
Rather than relegating my beloved oversized shirts to the back of my wardrobe whenever it gets sunnier, I like to tie them at the waist and wear them as crop tops so that they're more weather appropriate. This YSL shirt is without a doubt one of my favourite charity shop finds and I'd like to think that the Barnardo's fairy herself placed it in the store I was volunteering in for the oh-so-cheap price of £5, as a gift to me for being a solid 7/10 volunteer. Unlikely, but a girl can dream! Another classic look, I'm a fan of styling it like this because not only is it a fresh alternative for warm days but I also get show off my shirt as well as my favourite Topshop mom jeans (secondhand from Depop).




4. Shirt
Whilst this may seem like a silly yet obvious choice, one of my favourite ways to wear an oversized shirt is simply as an oversized shirt - Crazy, I know. Whether it's tucked in or left loose, there'e no simpler nor stylish outfit than an oversized shirt and jeans! I bought this Urban Outfitters shirt secondhand from Depop for £10, and whilst I was initially sceptical about it because it was so colourful, my black heart has grown to love its vibrant look. When paired with my Cheap Monday skinny jeans (secondhand from Depop), the colourful design takes main stage and I don't need anything else to add to my look.



The best thing about oversized shirts is that you can style them however you want, whilst these are my four favourite looks, there's an endless amount of options -  Let me know what you favourite look was and how you like to style your shirts!

Thanks for reading, 

Pri - Small, Brown & Stylish x 

Share:

41 comments

  1. Your look is BOMB AF!!! Am now raiding my boyfriend's closet for oversized shirts.

    -Alex
    onecriticalbitch.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Haha, I hope you found some snazzy shirts!

      Delete
  2. That 2nd hand Urban Outfitters shirt is SUCH a good find! So jealous of your depop skills haha. Such a good post, can't believe this is only your 3rd one. You're doing so well! Keep it up, I'm definitely following on Bloglovin'! Jess xx

    www.almostchic.co.uk

    PS your hair is HOT. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, feel like I'm finally getting the hang of blogging! xx

      Delete
  3. Everything about this post us flawless! First of all you are slaying the hair style!!!!And I love the dress idea!!

    Nikki O. | www.herdaringthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love oversized shirts – comfy and chic, what else does a girl want?! That Urban Outfitters shirt is such a stunner as well! :)

    Anna @ wishiwasmary.wordpress.com

    P.S. Can't believe this is only your third post! Keep up the great work, and the oversized shirt style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly! Thank you very much! x

      Delete
  5. BEST POST YET! Love the pics and your writing is hilarious. Really looking forward to the next one now x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oversized shirts as dresses look so cute, pair them with knee high socks and your on you way to becoming one of those tumblr girls!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha if only, thank you for reading! xxx

      Delete
  7. Oversized shirts are my favourite, I have so many! Love the way you've styled these all so differently, they look great! Gorgeous photos x

    heart-autumn.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you very much, they're definitely my favourite too! Thank you for reading! X

      Delete
  8. That patterned and embroidered shirt are to die for! Also your hair is amazing!x

    http://youcancallmecaz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The shirt with the embroidery is definitely one of my favourites! x

      Delete
  9. I absolutely love your style! Keep it up girl-xo

    chasingmydesire.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your style babe you are slaying and your purple hair is goals !!! :) Pixie xxx http://pixieox.co

    ReplyDelete
  11. loooooooooove your style so pretty! great hair too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved your outfits! Your hair is so unique! :)

    Theglamanatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you! Haha, I do try my best :)

      Delete
  13. I live in oversized shirts! Never actually thought to switch it up! You have a lovely style x

    simplykarun.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Me too, they're definitely some of my favourite clothes in my wardrobe :)

      Delete
  14. Love this kind of post! Im a sucker for an oversized shirt, i tend to always pair them with skinny jeans but i love your first look here, inspiring me to try it out as a dress or with some short shorts!

    Dana
    Fashion Dew // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it, thanks for reading!

      Delete
  15. Your hair is amazing AF.
    You're so stylish, I feel embarrassed! I could never pull that off!
    JEALOUSY. JEALOUSY. JEALOUSY.

    Lorna | eatmyyythoughts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha don't be silly, I'm sure you could pull it off! Thank you very much, you're too kind!

      Delete
  16. Omg this has to be one of my favourite posts! It's such a good idea different ways to style a shirt and I love the dress idea the best although they all look gorge. Wow! Such gorgeous photos! I love that shop rockit in Camden I got a couple of bandanas from there when I went earlier this year!
    Natasha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you so much, that means a lot to me! Me too, it's definitely one of my favourite shops especially because they have a £7 and under section upstairs! xx

      Delete
  17. This is so inspiring! I love the post:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love every single one of these looks, you look amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you very much, glad you loved them! x

      Delete
  19. Great post!
    The YSL shirt is lovely and such a bargain too! :)

    Kat
    xx
    katlast.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love a good oversized shirt, you're right there's so many ways to wear them. My personal fave is tied at the waist! Such a cute look. Love your hair btw!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, the possibilities are endless! Thank you so much! x

      Delete