Thrifty Fashion Finds: Bomber Jackets

As you’ll soon come to learn, there’s nothing I love more in the world than a thrifty fashion find (sorry mum)! Whether it’s buying tops from eBay, shoes from Depop or in this case jackets from charity stores, nothing makes me happier than getting funky fresh clothes without breaking the bank!

In the past few years I’ve upped my charity shop game quite a lot, whilst I’ve never solely shopped at big brand stores because of the price, I did do a lot of second hand shopping online. However, after volunteering at Barnardo’s whilst I was in high school (I’m a good person, l know), I decided to make an active effort to shop in charity stores as I realised how important the money is to their cause. Now, not only are my clothes a lot more diverse but I’ve also discovered pieces I never thought I'd be interested in like my two favourite bomber jackets.


Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past year or so, you’ll know that bomber jackets are all the rage at the moment, whether you want to prep for the harsh cold winters in a chunky yet funky style or prefer a slim chic bomber to spice up your summer wardrobe, there’s an option out there for everybody. However, whilst I appreciate the fashion credentials of the bomber, I had never really thought of myself as a bomber jacket kinda gal - That is until I found this snazzy little satin jacket by American Apparel in my local Scope store. Not only did it fit perfectly but it was also only £2 - Crazy I know!


Whilst I wasn’t too sure about bomber jackets at first, I’m so glad that I plucked up the courage to spend two whole pounds on this one because it’s been a staple of my wardrobe ever since! Not only is it lightweight and chic and therefore perfect for summer, it’s also hella versatile so I can dress it up and down. Whilst I’ve styled it casually with my Topshop mom jeans (second hand from Depop) and a basic crop top from H&M, it works just as well for a night out when paired with a strappy dress and heels!


My second thrifty fashion find is this amazing Pull&Bear bomber jacket which I bought for £5 from my one and only: Barnardo’s! This monochrome beauty is by far one of my favourite thrifty finds because it’s got so much going on with it and it goes with nearly everything I wear! Being an avid fan of dark colours (specifically black), means that a lot of my clothes go together easily, but the downfall of such colour coordination is that my outfits can sometimes blend together rather than stand out. However, this jacket solves all of my problems with its stylish paint splatter print and whenever I throw this bad boy on top of even the simplest of outfits, it spruces it up straight away, Styled with a high neck crop top, Cheap Monday skinny jeans (both second hand from Depop) and Primark heeled sandals; the jacket instantly adds some flair to my look without tampering with my colour scheme. What more could I ask for?


Overall these fab little bomber jackets only set me back £7 and I think that itself summarises why I shop second hand. Whilst I do like shopping with certain big brands (H&M, ASOS and Missguided being a few of my loves), I’m a big believer in the fact that you don’t have to spend a lot of money to look stylish, for those willing to look fashion can be found in hundreds of places.

Let me know which jacket is your favourite thrifty find and how you’d style it!

Thank you for reading,

Pri - Small, Brown & Stylish x

Share:

9 comments

  1. Really funny post, can't wait for the next one now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you and never really thought of myself as someone who could pull off a bomber jacket, but I totally jumped on board this year and I absolutely love them now! Mine has been a staple through spring and summer. These two are such incredible finds. I really can't believe the amazing prices you paid. They're both gorgeous and they look perfect on you. I love how you've styled them too! Great post, Katie xx

    www.thestyleblossom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) I'm glad I'm not the only one that initially found them tricky! I know what you mean, they're definitely an integral part of my wardrobe now! xx

      Delete
  3. The pull and bear jacket is so amazing. Do you think YOU could ever make a bomber jacket now after being able to see these ones as templates? What kind of jacket would you want to make to add to the collection? Thanks for a great post! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have actually thought about making a bomber jacket myself but it does look quite tricky! I think I'd start with a lightweight jacket similar to the AA one and if that were to go well, I'd try to make something a little thicker! x

      Delete
  4. I'm ALL about thrifty shopping too! The second bomber jacket is my favorite. I love the print, which looks great with what you're wearing! I bet it'd look great styled with just about anything.

    Hugs,
    www.fashionlingual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, it's so snazzy, I love wearing it! Thank you for reading! x

      Delete
  5. I love the monochrome bomber jacket! You pull it off beautifully!

    x. Cattleya

    alittlecattleya.com

    ReplyDelete